The Veil Between Heaven and Earth

 


We thank you, God, for the veil between Heaven and Earth being so thin.”

- Genie Summers 


Frank and Genie Summers are the founders of Family Missions Company. Last September, Mr. Frank passed away. Someone told me that during the wake, many many people gave testimonies of how he was the light of Christ in their lives - especially through prayer. I’ve heard people even ask for his intercession. I’m not surprised.


This week has been pretty exhausting and beautiful.


After arriving to Louisiana, we tried to find out what was exactly wrong with Chris. On Wednesday, we went to the ER at the local hospital, hoping we could get a CT scan. After the scan, we were told that Chris had an 8 mm stone. This wouldn’t pass. He needed to have surgery, but no one could really help at that time. We were told to come back on Thursday to see a urologist. (He only comes to the hospital once a week.)


We saw the doctor the next day, who told us Chris needed the surgery immediately. He spent about 20 minutes on the phone trying to find a free space and time to do the surgery. Not able to find anything, he told us he would just have to stay late that day to do the surgery himself. Chris would be his last patient. His service to us was quite impressive.


After the surgery, the doctor came to talk to me. He told me he needed to see Chris in two weeks. After trying to explain why that would be difficult, that we don’t live here, but our insurance only being valid here, he asked which company we worked for. I told him it is a missionary company.


His demeanor completely changed. He became quiet. He looked at the floor and whispered, “Mr. Frank.” I exclaimed, “Yeah! So you know our company! You know Mr. Frank!” He said, “Yeah. I know him. I was his doctor.” Then he looked at me and said,”Thank you for all y’all do.” 😲


I thanked him for what HE had done for us and that we would find a way to stay a little longer for the appointment in a couple of weeks.


After he left, I couldn’t help but to praise God!

I’ll let you decide whether you believe this was a coincidence or a “Godincidence”. Either way, we are so grateful!


Chris is doing well right now. He seems to have more energy already! We want to thank you so much for your prayers. Once again, we have been reassured that God really does hear all our prayers- no matter which side of the veil we are on.


Peace to all of you!


Waldrops




Comments

Popular Posts